Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
If he's active otherwise- Don't worry
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.
It seems your kid is having viral diarrhoea. Once it starts it will take 5-7 days to completely get better. Unless the kid's having low urine output or very dull or excessively sleepy or blood in motion or green bilious vomiting...you need not worry.
Your kid's treatment is going on in right direction. Moreover he's active otherwise which means there's no dehydration. You only need to wait it out.
I too suggest you use zinc supplements (Z&D drops 1ml once daily for 14 days or Zinconia 5ml) & ORS (Each small packet mixed in 200ml of potable water and keep giving sip by sip) as hydration is very important and crucial part of treatment. If there is vomiting you can use Syrup Ondansetron or Emigo (as prescribed by your paediatrician).
Regarding diet - You can use cerelac...any flavour will do. Avoid fruit juices as they might aggravate diarrhea. You can give zinc supplements & ORS apart from normal vegetarian porridges & soups.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for vomiting and diarrhea
- Fever vomiting diarrhea athletic treatment
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- Child with diarrhea and vomiting fever treatment
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea and vomiting
- Vomiting and diarrhea treatment
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with sinus
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea