Suggest treatment for diarrhea and stomach pain caused after food poisoning

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am 36 years age 175 pounds weight and 5.7 height ,I had kind of food poison on saturday and next day morning started sotmach pain and loose mostion for 15 times as I was fasting I did not take any medicine after dinner I had electolite and eldopar medicine which reduce the mostion but still I am having problem with loose motion with stomach pain but not continuous but I had yesterday night and just now I had for which I had taken another medicen in night dependol XXXXXXX table .Please advice me on my problem..
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Proper dosage

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Read the history carefully.

How are you at the moment, I mean - is there any weakness or giddiness you are feeling? So much loose motions can cause dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.

If you think your condition is not good, please visit a Doctor or a Hospital to check for your pulse, blood pressure and blood and stool tests.

If there is no weakness or giddiness, please follow the following advise:::
*Take Dependal three times a day.
*Take Eldopar only if there is loose motion , otherwise not at all.
*Electral powder is to be taken with proper dilution as advised on the packet. A large packet has to be dissolved in a full one liter of boiled and cooled water.

You can have normal water.
* Add home-made curd and banana to diet.
*You can take additional Probiotics and Gasex or Flatuna
Continue medicines for 5 days.
I hope you will be fine with this.

If the problem is not solved or you develop symptoms of seriousness, do not get late to go to the Hospital, please.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj