Suggest treatment for diarrhea and stomach pain caused after food poisoning

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
I am 36 years age 175 pounds weight and 5.7 height ,I had kind of food poison on saturday and next day morning started sotmach pain and loose mostion for 15 times as I was fasting I did not take any medicine after dinner I had electolite and eldopar medicine which reduce the mostion but still I am having problem with loose motion with stomach pain but not continuous but I had yesterday night and just now I had for which I had taken another medicen in night dependol XXXXXXX table .Please advice me on my problem..
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Proper dosage

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Read the history carefully.

How are you at the moment, I mean - is there any weakness or giddiness you are feeling? So much loose motions can cause dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.

If you think your condition is not good, please visit a Doctor or a Hospital to check for your pulse, blood pressure and blood and stool tests.

If there is no weakness or giddiness, please follow the following advise:::
*Take Dependal three times a day.
*Take Eldopar only if there is loose motion , otherwise not at all.
*Electral powder is to be taken with proper dilution as advised on the packet. A large packet has to be dissolved in a full one liter of boiled and cooled water.

You can have normal water.
* Add home-made curd and banana to diet.
*You can take additional Probiotics and Gasex or Flatuna
Continue medicines for 5 days.
I hope you will be fine with this.

If the problem is not solved or you develop symptoms of seriousness, do not get late to go to the Hospital, please.