Suggest treatment for diarrhea and sharp abdominal pain

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: My husband started with pain in lower left side of abdomen and feeling bloated and constipated for two days. He had a bowel movement on Saturday. Saturday night an Sunday he had diarrhea. Still had pain in left abdomen. Last night he started vomiting. Foul smelling vomiting. No fever. No yellowing of skin or eyes.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs urgent evaluation and management.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query about your husband.
Noted the history well and understood the concerns.
Pain in left side of abdomen, bloating, diarrhea and
Vomiting.
This is suggestive of gastroenteritis apparently.
But due to complexity of the situation as explained by development of vomiting and continuation of pain indicate for the following:
To take him to ER for clinical evaluation, examination and inversions of blood, stool and urine.
X-ray of abdomen in standing position.
Ultrasound of abdomen and CT scan if required.
This will an appropriate diagnosis and plan for proper management.
I hope this answer helps, please give feedback and feel free to ask for further relevant queries of you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T