Suggest treatment for diarrhea and intestinal cramps

Question
Hi. this questions if ro me.
i am 56 years old. femaile. i am general good healt.
Since friday the 4th i have had diarrehea and a constant overlall uneasy feeling in my intetsines. My bowels movements have not been normal. i have felt bloated.
i had a physcial about 2 weeks ago and everything indicated that I was in good shape.
The diarrehea popped out of no where.
i thought i was going away but this morning for around 40 minutes i had the wrose attack of diarrehea and vomiting. i broke out into a cold sweat. it was horroble!! and alot of intestinal cramps.
i have only had chicken nookel soup, water and a little gatorade.
what could be bothering me.
should I go to emergency if this happens again.
i have also notice that i seem to be leaking urine. that has never happend to me.
should i tak an over the counter medicine.
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

YES you should go to the emergency as soon as possible as this is not normal and will not get cured by over the counter drugs.

The diarrhea needs a stool culture and your urine leak needs to be examined.

I will advise you strongly to go to the Emergency as soon as possible.

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for diarrhea and intestinal cramps 53 minutes later
Thank you. You just scared me to death. Omg. I was hoping for a more common cold answer than that. I am going to are my doctor within the 30 minutes.
Omg I hope it's not something serious!!! Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dear

Detailed Answer:
Dear

I do not want to scare you but just inform you that what you have is not something which is like everyday common cold.

Sorry if i scared you but i only want you to get well soon.

Dr. Som MD

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for diarrhea and intestinal cramps 40 minutes later
I am very grateful for your quick answer and for showing me a sense of urgency! I know something is not right. Usually I make really quick recovery com viruses or food poisoning and while I thought I was feeling better from whatever was bothering me this morning was horrible. I am surprised I didn't pass out from the pain and everything else. My doctor was able to see me and I am here now. Thank you so much!!

Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome

Dr. Som MD