Suggest treatment for diarrhea and flatulence

Gastroenterologist
Question
i am getting multiple motions in the morning which are loose and make noise while passing with flatulence and are also smelly. After morning this is ok. also when ever i take vegetables with seeds ie okra , brinjal i get pain in lower abdomen after 6-7 hours and then little flatulence before it subsides again.
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion.

1. Since when are you having these symptoms?
2.Stool test done?
3. Any other medical illness?
4. On any medications?

Get back to me with these information and I would give my opinion.

Dr.R.K.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for diarrhea and flatulence 41 minutes later
This specific problem of loose motion has been there since yesterday morning. But I have history of stomach problem since when i was 8 years old. Last i had stomach infection was in April when i went to GP doctor and took oflotaz oz + for 7 days when it became ok. Okra and seeds problem has been there for quite some time say 5 - 6 years before that it was ok. I have not done any stool test recently but earlier tests did not produce any findings! I am taking pantodac 40 in the morning as advised by Entero specialist Dr Vij with whom i consult when it aggravates.
i was wondering if i could avoid going to GP or specialist as each one of them in the past have given antibiotics and it became ok - they have not found any problems otherwise.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Answer given below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the additional information.

Since it has been for just one day and that it has been foul smelling, it is more likely that you have gut infection.
You can confirm it with a stool test.
Take yogurt and rice based diet.
Drink enough fluids to remain well hydrated.

If the stool test reveals any organism, then you may have to take a course of anti-microbials.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.R.K.