Suggest treatment for diarrhea and blood in stool
Should I be concerned and head to see a Dr today?
Bacterial infection seems the most probable reason.
Thank you for the query.
Yes, you definitely should consult your doctor and it should be today if thats possible.
Diarrhea which lasts longer than 48 hours should be checked with stool test. Also blood in stool (mixed with it) is a concerning symptoms.
Usually diarrhea is caused by infection. If there is a blood in it, we can say its bacterial infection. That is why you seem to need antibiotic treatment.
And no matter if its infection or not, colonoscopy should be scheduled to rule out the worst possibility (colon cancer).
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and peeling skin
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea caused by metranidazole
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea when on zoloft
- Diarrhea zerolac diet greenish stool constipation suggest treatment
- Diarrhea blood in stools gas cramps sleeping a lot treatment
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with sinus
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea