Suggest treatment for diarrhea and blood in stool
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
It might be caused by indigestion of contaminated food or water.Usually it resolves on its own for few days to 1 week.
During this period is very important to stay hydrated.Drink plenty of water ,juices or oral rehydration solutions (ORS).
You can try anti-motility agents like Loperamide for few days for symptomatic relief of diarrhea.If the symptoms get worse or the diarrhea doesn't seem to improve after 48 h ,you should stop taking it.
If the symptoms doesn't seem to improve in few days ,or if they get worse with abdominal pain,blood and mucus in stool or you are getting very weak from dehydration ,you should consult your doctor.
A stool sample test may be necessary to determine the microorganism that caused the infection and a course of antibiotic may be given.
Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any question.I would be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and peeling skin
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea caused by metranidazole
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea when on zoloft
- Diarrhea zerolac diet greenish stool constipation suggest treatment
- Diarrhea blood in stools gas cramps sleeping a lot treatment
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with sinus
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea