Suggest treatment for diabetic neuropathy

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have ideopathic peripheral nueropathy in both feet. (I have not be diagnosed with diabetes, although the test numbers are close.) Is there a cure for this condition? Should I limit the amount of walking I do? Is there long term danger to my feet? (My paternal grandfather had diabetes and lost a leg to complications.)
Thank you for considering my questions. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Diabetic neuropathy has a severe prognosis than idiopathic neuropathic.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

Diabetic neuropathy has a bad prognosis as compared to idiopathic one. Though,its unfortunate to say that there is no cure, still the symptoms can be kept in control with anti-neuralgic medicines. If walking cause you discomfort,you can limit it otherwise there is no direct relation that it increases the severity of neuropathy.

Hope that helps.If you have some further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 14 hours later
Thus, it would seem to be very important for me to know if my neuropathy is idiopathic or diabetic?
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
If you don't have Diabetes, this can't be Diabetic neuropathy.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Thanks for being in follow-up.

As I said, the answer is straightforward-since you don't have Diabetes(even if the numbers are close), it can't be Diabetic neuropathy.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up else please close the thread,rate it and write a review.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)