question-icon

Suggest treatment for diabetes

Posted on Wed, 9 Jul 2014
Question: I am Diabetic from last one and half year. My age is 40years male. As I am taking my regular medicine as directed by my local Dr. Now I need the help from you is can I get cure from this problem. As my weekly of Fasting is 140-189 and after meal is 180-230.
Kindly suggest how I can get cure from this problem.
Answered by Dr. Phanindra Dulipala (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Diabetes only controlled, cannot be cured.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I had gone through your query and understood your concerns.

Sir, the blood sugar levels you have mentioned are slightly higher. The normal fasting blood sugar levels should be fasting less than 110mg/dl. and post prandial less than 140mg./dl. As of now, diabetes has no cure. You can keep sugar levels under control and lead a normal life like non diabetics with proper medication, Diet and exercise.

To keep your blood sugar levels under control you need a slight increase of anti -diabetic drug dosage. Before giving you advice regarding increase of dose first, please let me know these details.

1) How many times you take the drug daily.
2) Are you following diet ad exercise advises.
3) If HbA1c value which gives sugar levels range from past 2-3 months is available, Please mention that.

Get back to us with the details.
Hope this guides you.
Thank you.
Dr Phanindra Dulipala
Diabetologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Phanindra Dulipala

Diabetologist