Suggest treatment for dermoid cyst in right ovary and polycystic ovary
We are planning for a baby for last 3 months. I did my pelvic scan and I found that there is a dermoid cyst in my right ovary. The volume of right ovary is 84.4 cc while the left ovary is 11.7 cc.
Both ovary shown poly cystic morphology. Uterus appeared normal. No obvious growing follicles seen on the 10th day of period since consuming 100mg of clomiphene for 5 days from 2nd of period (My LMP date is 21/05/2014 and my period is irregular. This one had happened after taking deviry). Can you please suggest what should we do now to have a baby?
removal of dermoid and induction with FSH
Thanks for trusting health care magic.
I have seen all your reports and they are clearly suggestive of
- dermoid cyst
- polycystic ovary
In my opinion this dermoid cyst should be removed first and then only you should start with ovulation induction.
PCOD patients especially if resistant to clomiphene should be induced with FSH injections in high doses which are then titrated according to number and size of follicles.
I'm an infertility specialist and deal with such patients daily. Don't be hasty for induction of ovulation without removal of dermoid as it can undergo torsion during pregnancy.
I hope I have answered your question but in case you have any query I will be happy to help.
I just want to ask you that with this dermoid can I conceive? or if I cure this out before my pregnancy then is it create any problem?
Removal of cyst before pregnancy mandatory.
Hello dear, I understand your concern but in my practice I do dermoid excision first and then go for induction protocol.
You can definitely conceive without any adverse effect on chances of conception.
But dermoid cysts tend to undergo torsion i. e. Rotation around its pedicle which compromises the blood supply to dermoid cyst and thus acute pain in abdomen.
Torsion is a surgical emergency and if occurs will require immediate management and surgery in pregnant state is associated with High abortion chances.
So i n my opinion REMOVAL OF CYST SHOULD PRECEDE PREGNANCY.
Wish you best of luck. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for complicated dermoid cyst
- Polycystic ovary syndrome treatment
- Treatment and cure for Dermoid cyst
- Treatment and cure for fibroma , dermoid cyst
- Treatment and cure for ovarian dermoid cyst
- What is the treatment for polycystic ovary
- Treatment and cure for Polycystic ovaries
- Polycystic ovary treatments
- Suggest treatment for polycystic ovaries syndrome
- Ovary 2cm dermoid cyst
- What does this urinalysis during pregnancy indicate?
- What causes dizziness and nausea after a sonography?
- Suggest treatment for hot flashes after radical hysterectomy
- Suggest exercises for 4 months pregnant woman
- How to avoid abortion during pregnancy?
- What causes brown vaginal discharge after taking Depo Provera shot?
- When is baby movement felt during pregnancy?
- Can i use macafem for menopause symptoms?
- Can i get pregnant at my fifties?
- Does marijuana intake have any effects during medical abortion?