Suggest treatment for deprssion

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I have been suffering from depression most of my life. After upping my effexor to 300 mg (psychiatrist) i am still suffering from extreme fatigue, weakness, achy joints. My GP Dr put me on vitamin D3 the past two months as that was very low. I feel like something is very wrong with me as I am too tired to function in life. In addition to this I am suffering from allergies for the first time in my life. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Depression needs to be treated more effectively

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

It seems your depression is still troubling you a lot. Now that effexor is not working even at 300mg you need to consider switching the antidepressant to either mirtazapine or augmeting it with either lithium or antipsychotic like olanzapine. Further it would also be wise to get the thyroid levels and B12 levels checked.
As deficiency of either of them can also produce such symptoms.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.