Suggest treatment for depressive disorder with anxiety attacks

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 29 Dec 2015 in Mental Health
Question: Hello My Name Is XXXXXXX

I wish you can help me with situation of why is it I feel this way and I get a type of anxiety and fear of going somewhere.
To start of 6 years ago when I was in high school some guy had gave me something to smoke I didn't know what it was, so that day I went home and I was high and went to sleep so the next morning I woke up fine like normal went to school I was in 2nd period when I started to feel so where like if I had smoke again so I started panicking I was sweating I didn't know what was going on with me for a second felt so horrible though I was going crazy I went to emergency room went to te doctor like 20 times they gave me medicine went to therapy and to be honest I don't remember how it went away not away completely but ever since then I never ever have felt my self again i don't know if it's something that I got stuck in my head or not sure but my life went on and I was good so on November of 2013 I went to Mexico for vacation I met my husband i stayed over there for about 8months came on July 2013 and as you know I'm married and I'm 23 years old so got married August 24,2013 we had so much problems our main thing was jealousy he was to over protective he will tell me what to do and i guess he was just does guys call machistas in Mexico so we would have so many little fight he will tell me things I will tell him back he will bring me down and stuffs I will cry so that happen for good a year and 2 months when one day October 2014 I was at work and I started getting a panick attack last time I got one was almost 6 years ago I think I got it because of all the problems I will have in my mirage and plus work and I left to the hospital I started crying it felt horrible it felt like if you were going crazy it's been such a horrible experience in my life ever since the I will go out here and there but I just wanted to be at home since I knew I wasn't 100% with in time my husband will see me so after like around March we took a break because he end up in the hospital twice of seeing me like this like he started to get anxiety to because I will cry and couldn't control my self so he had to get away from me I though he was gonna be with me but also I found out he went with some friends so I told him to leave my house I didn't wanna be with him so this was March/April of 2015 he left and looks like I enter in depression I was sad the fact he left and also because I just didn't wanna go out my house it has been such a hard issue dealing with this I been talking medication since October first they gave me lorazepam I took it for a month/2 but it was bad and addicted so I went with my doctor and she prescribe alprozalam I have almost 6 months taking it sometimes I take one or 2 so I can be calm there only 0.5mg I can't seem to stop taking it but I want your help I wanna be myself again I wanna know what can I do to slowly get ride of all this anxiety and depression my husband is back with me living here he came on August it was so hard without him I don't get attacks anymore I just feel down the reason I can't go out because I'm afraid to get and anxiety attack or I just feel wired being out in the street like I don't belong it's so hard to explain I'm here at home I entertain my self watching YouTube Facebook but I have like since March without going out any where I walk in my block but it rare so I wanna know what can help me if YOU can help
Thankyou so much for reading kinda of part of my story! My doctor I had cant give no more Alprozalam and that was helping me just be calm when I don't take it I start getting anxious I don't know if it's because I got used to it!

My main concern is if you can Skype with me I just can't go out!
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Video consultation is available

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related queries

I can understand your concern. The history you have mentioned clearly shows that you have depressive disorder along with anxiety attacks. In most of individuals with depression long term treatment with medicines is advised. The drug Alprazolam helps in reducing anxiety and thus gives a subjective sense of wellbeing. But at the same time it is associated with risk of development of tolerance and dependence. So for proper relief of your symptoms there is need to start proper antidepressant drug therapy. Medicines like Sertraline, Fluoxetine etc can be used. These medicines help to reduce the anxiety and will provide a symptoms free state. Try to limit the use of Alprazolam once you become stabilised on these medicines.

Yes you can contact us with video consultation. You have to contact health care magic customer care team for more details.

Thanks, If you have more doubts please ask again.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 11 hours later
Thank you so much!

Yeah I wanna leave the Alprozalam but I always need something to calm me down because i don't know if my body is used it already and when I don't have it I get anxious a lot.

Yes I would like to do a video conversation! Can you please tell me what I have to do and tell me what days your available the sooner the better please!
Also, where can I get prescribe with that medication to help me?
Is there any way you can prescribe medication to me?
Alprozalam or something to keep me calm please! Please! Please!
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
The drug is a controlled medicine

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

Yes try to reduce the doses progressively if possible. Alprazolam is a sedative drug and is classified as controlled substance. It's not possible to prescribe the medicine online because of legal controls.

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 23 hours later
Okay I want a video consultation!

How are you gonna help me or are you gonna prescribe me something else for what I have? Since they told me I need to see a physiatrist because I can't leave my home I want help and need help I don't wanna be more in anxiety and depression. More than I already I'm!

Please tell me if by the video consultation I'm gonna get a different prescription or what? Can you explain
Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prescription can't be written on basis of video consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

Yes video consultation is possible, for that you have to contact customer care healthcaremagic.com for details. But even through video consultation prescription is not possible. Many regulations are there and this will cost you money only. For a professional opinion about problem you can seek a consultation.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 28 hours later
Ok so then if your a physiatrist Doctor neither in video called you can prescribe me anything for my problem? If in the beginning you said I need medicines like setaline fluoxetine who will give me that or were can I get that...

I really need help? I can't go out of my house to find a physiatrist that's why I'm trying to find one here online what's the best I can do for what I'm going threw... And i been so stress that I seen your not helping me with my answer I really need to know in what way are you gonna help? And to do the video consoltation.

Thank you so much
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Due to rules I can't prescribe by online consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Yes I am a Psychiatrist but as this is an online forum so as per the rules I can help in making a diagnosis, in providing second opinion, in providing the opinion regarding medicines, the doses and the side effects. I can't prescribe because of rules. If you can explain the problems in detail including onset, duration, progression etc then I can help in making a provisional diagnosis and can suggest medicines. But to purchase these medicines you have to visit at least a GP.

Thanks