• question-icon

Suggest treatment for depression

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: since I had my kid in 2015 I've even
extremely emotional and anxious... I get upset over the smallest things. sometimes when things go differently then I planned them to go I get upset and become depressed. for my job I care for the elderly with dementia and Alzheimer and when they get mean and start calling me names I get get really upset over it and cry.
im not sure what is going on with me..ive never been like this before
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible Diagnosis: Depression along with anxiety symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic,

Your symptoms are suggestive of depression with anxiety. Even though post partum depression occurs within 12 months of child birth, the stress at work, home and taking care of a toddler can cause depression and anxiety symptoms past this 12 months mark.

Treatment includes a combination of medications like SSRIs, psychotherapy. You can also practice relaxation techniques like meditation, yoga, and exercises.

Please be advised to follow up with your primary care provider for the screening of depression/anxiety symptoms. I understand that what you are going through is hard. But the first step in progressing from here is to seek help and so please do not be hesitant to do so.

Hope this answers your questions.
Please feel free to address further questions here

Dr.Lekshmi

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal