Suggest treatment for depression
When I take a new medicine, it works for awhile, maybe about 3-6 months. My doctor told me that he didn't know what else to do for me.
I am 70.
Hello, and thanks for your question.
One thing you might try is addition of a stimulant medication such as Ritalin. Used in low doses, such as 5mg in the morning and 5mg in the afternoon, this can increase energy and motivation. This works immediately while you are waiting for the antidepressant to take effect. I recommend talking with your prescriber about this strategy.
Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for hypertension with depression
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for post pardum depression
- Suggest treatment for depression and panic attack
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for bipolar depression
- Suggest treatment for serious depression
- Suggest possible treatment for depression
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and depression
- What treatment is suggested for depression