Suggest treatment for depression in a person undergoing menopause
Yes she needs a psychiatrist
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
From what you have stated it is quite clear that she is e having a depressive episode. Depression can occur with regular stress and it can also occur biologically without any stress as well. She will need proper treatment for the same. There are various effective therapies for depression like fluoxetine, venlafaxine, bupropion, mirtazapine or escitalopram and they are all very effective and mostly safe. She may also require some benzodiazepines like clonazepam or lorazepam for a short period like 2-3 weeks to reduce the anxiety and help with her sleep.
If she is averse to the drug therapies then there is also an option of cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy is taken by either a psychologist or a psychiatrist in which the therapist identifies impaired cognitions (Thoughts) and try to correct them. They are 15-20 min weekly session and there should be around 8-10 sessions to help her with her illness.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
You may contact
Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
C/O Spoorthi Speciality Clinic, 1st Floor, XXXXXXX Arcade, Near Siddeshwara Convention Hall, Sit , XXXXXXX
If still you have doubts in future you may contact me at
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for hypertension with depression
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and depression
- Suffering from constant shakiness through the body undergoing menopause guide
- Suggest treatment for bipolar depression
- Suggest treatment for borderline personality disorder and depression
- Suggest treatment for serious depression
- Suggest possible treatment for depression
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and depression
- Menopause and depression
- What treatment is suggested for depression
- Is it advised to take tentex forte for premature ejaculation?
- Took T T and Taxim Injection after rat bite. Is it required to get anti...
- Constant itching and burning feeling under rib cage. How to get relief?
- Blood test showed raised AST and ALT level. What are the complication?
- What are the differences between self pleasure erection and sexual...
- Have lower back pain and see strange images everywhere. Any mental problem?
- Having headache with extreme pressure. Could this be from anxiety or...
- Treatment for confusion, headache, tiredness, lethargy and chills?
- Gallbladder removed. Test showed slightly enlarge liver. Having...
- Why am I having pain under rib cage and inflamed muscle in stomach?