Suggest treatment for depression despite taking Wellbutrin

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Fri, 11 Sep 2015 in Mental Health
Question: I am 72 years old, recently had a fall which resulted in a broken arm and shoulder. I am very depressed (I have a history of depression), I can't even hardly leave my home. Cancel appts & dates. I am already taking Zoloft and Wellbutrin. HELP
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see description

Detailed Answer:
Hello

My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. You need not to worry. You are already taking Wellbutrin but as you are unable to control depression so i would suggest you to consult your treating psychiatrist and ask for change or increase in dose to make it effective. Following general care will also help you:

> try to go out for Walk for 30-45mins in the evening. It will refresh your mind.
> Eating small, well-balanced meals throughout the day will help you keep your energy up and minimize mood swings.
> Sleep has a strong effect on mood. Try to take adequate sleep of 6-7hrs
> Don't keep yourself in isolation. Try to discuss with your family & close friends. This will make you lighter.
> Psychotherapy & Cognitive Behavioral Therapy(CBT); you can discuss about this with your treating psychiatrist.

Fracture is something that heals with time. You need NOT to worry BUT if you will not control your stress then your healing process will slow down.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!