Suggest treatment for depression and psychosis
She needs psychiatrist consultation
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.
I think, either she is in depression or psychosis. Pessimistic thoughts and negative behavior is part of depression and what ever she does, may be because of that. Usually in depression, most of patients feel negative due to cognitive distortion. If she has same problem, then she needs antidepressant and cognitive behavioral therapy.
Eating slate pencil or leaving home without telling her husband could be due to psychosis. She needs proper mental status evaluation and treatment. With medications, such behavior will gradually decrease. Better to consult a psychiatrist for proper diagnosis and management.
In case, you need further help, you can ask.
Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for manic depressive psychosis
- Suggest treatment for acute psychosis
- Can depression lead to psychosis
- Depressive type psychosis
- Treatment of acute psychosis
- Symptoms of manic depressive psychosis
- Manic depressive psychosis causes
- Diagnosis of manic depressive psychosis
- Can depression cause psychosis
- Treatment and cure for Postpartum psychosis