Suggest treatment for depression and loss of interest
I suffer from mental illness
Isolation , depression, loss of interest
And unjustified fear of many things
What should I do to get rid of this
this can be treated, need to consult psychiatrist
Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern.
Most of the psychological problems are treatable now-a-days.
Your narration suggests that you are likely suffering from depression with anxiety.
To confirm diagnosis of depression detail history and mental status examination are required and these should be done by a psychiatrist.
Treatment of depression includes both medicines and psychotherapy.
In psychotherapy I prefer cognitive behavior therapy (CBT).In mild cases only CBT is sufficient. In moderate to severe cases initially medicines and then CBT is added. And later on medicines stopped gradually.
In medicines SSRI group of drugs (fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline, escitalopram) are main stay of the treatment. There are other group of drugs as well with different mechanisms and excellent results.
Benzodiazepines group of drugs (clonazeapm, lorazepam or etizolam) are used initially for short duration for fast symptomatic relief.
One can stop medicines gradually after 100% recovery according to doctor's guidance.
You can consult psychiatrist and discuss the options I mentioned and start medicine any one of them.
Consulting a psychiatrist personally will surely help you to live better life.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for hypertension with depression
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for post pardum depression
- Suggest treatment for depression and panic attack
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for bipolar depression
- Suggest treatment for serious depression
- Suggest possible treatment for depression
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and depression
- What treatment is suggested for depression