Suggest treatment for dementia

Psychiatrist
Question
My father is a Holocaust survivor, around 90 years old, with multiple health issues including a valve replacement and quadruple bypass heart surgery 15 years ago. All his life he suffers from the worst case of PTSD. He has some dementia now and at times aggressive behavior. The building wants to evict him. I have tried quetiapine and risperidone and there were awful side effects. His home health aide is sick (cancer) and can no longer work. Finding aides is awful. .. no medicaid at this time. Always a different aide and I am sole caretaker and have to explain to them each time. There is no Geriatric Center in my neighborhood hospital. Wish I did not live here in Forest Hills Queens. The culture of doctors here is different and if you find a good one it is 15 minutes on the computer. What am I supposed to do?
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Search for dementia support groups

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I am sorry to know that your father suffered all his life and there is little support for the geriatric care in locality. However being an online doctor I have little knowledge about the services available and accessible in your area.

Although you mentioned about the aides but I will request you to look for dementia support group in your area. I am sure that you will find one of such groups in your area which will be of great help for you.

In addition to this you can post your problems related to medications and other part of his illness to me if necessary. I will try my level best to suggest something which may be of help.

I hope this helps you to some extent.
Thanks and regards.