Suggest treatment for delusional parasitosis

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 7 May 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i have been fighting things for at least 6 mos. things are full blast now. i can find no answer. this is what is appearing all over my house, on me, in my mouth, stool. they seem like they come from inside and sting there way out. worms in my ear. others are beige small bugs. i am so tired. i think that i could sleep 24 x 7. i have always been quite active not now. had 5 children. want to play with the grandchildren more. i am married and 72 yrs. of age. one got in my eye, turned it beat red. i guess, i don't know anything else right now. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 10 hours later
Brief Answer: You have delusional parasitosis. Detailed Answer: HI Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query. I think, you have delusional parasitosis. Delusional parasitosis, or delusory parasitosis, also known as Ekbom's syndrome is a form of psychosis in which patients acquire a strong delusional belief that they are infested with parasites, whereas in reality no such parasites are present. Very often the imaginary parasites are reported as being "bugs" or insects crawling on or under the skin. I think, you have similar presentation. Better to consult a psychiatrist. You need antipsychotic treatment and with that, all these bugs like symptoms will improve. In case, you need further help, you can ask. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist