Suggest treatment for delusion
Thanks for your query.
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.
Important aspects of your query are:
• 59 year old female
• Live in XXXXXXX with husband
• Complaints of: Suspicion that others are stealing her things from the house.
From the history it appear that your mother is having Delusional symptoms. Delusions are false, firm and unshakable belief, which do not resolve by counseling. Delusion occurs in psychosis. In psychosis patient does not have insight, so they do not considered themselves ill. Due to that counseling do not help, even it make patient more anxious and irritable sometimes.
In treatment of psychosis medicines like antipsychotics are used, which can be given to patient after assessment and prescription from nearby psychiatrist. Many time patient refuses to take medicine, in such cases medicines can be given in food.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Fregoli delusion
- Treatment and cure for Cotard delusion
- Treatment and cure for delusion
- Have schizophrenia affective delusions deteriorating relationships treatment
- Delusions metoprolol
- Delusion causes
- Symptoms of delusion
- Treatment for depression sudden crying hallucinations delusions and paranoia
- Fixed delusions treatment
- Fregoli delusion treatment