Suggest treatment for delayed periods
I stopped menstruating the very same week that I began my diet, so it wasn't due to low weight. I then realised my mistake, increased my calories and began a super healthy diet. I am now at a healthy weight, but my periods still have not returned. I've been healthy for three months now. Will they need more time? I'm quite a skinny - but not underweight - person, and I take exercise and eat very well. I don't want to have to regain the weight that I lost.
Omega3 fatty acid supplements
Thanks for your query.
Sharp reduction in the calorie intake removes most of the essential fat needed for hormone synthesis. It may take months to replenish the lost raw material for hormones, creating imbalance in hormones and disturbances in the cycles.
Need not worry, you will regain the normal hormonal levels within few months.
You can take Omega 3 fatty acid supplements which can help to regain the hormones faster.
Hope, I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for not having periods
- What is the treatment for delayed periods and pimples
- Suggest treatment to regularize periods
- Suggest treatment for delayed periods due to pcod problem
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods
- What treatment is suggested for delay in periods
- What is the treatment for delayed and irregular periods
- Suggest treatment for no periods
- What is the cause and treatment for delayed periods
- Suggest treatment for delayed periods