Suggest treatment for delayed period with negative pregnancy test

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, my period will be 2 weeks late tomorrow so for the whole month of July I didn't get one! I have never went a full month without a period and I have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend so pregnancy is a possibility. However I've had negative pregnancy tests! I am currently having sharp cramps but doesn't feel like it is my period coming and just noticed some white discharge when I wiped. Could this be my period coming or pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy ruled out.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
If your repeated pregnancy tests are negative then pregnancy is ruled out.
The whitish discharge could be due to an impending period. Delayed period may be due to hormonal imbalance, Poly Cystic Ovary, mental stress, emotional upset, irregular diet habit, high prolactin level, over weight or extreme loss, pelvic infection, thyroid disturbance etc.
In case there is no period even after one week from now then you need to consult a gynecologist for proper hormonal treatment.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal