Suggest treatment for delayed menstruation

Question
Hi doctor i had normal period cycle till last year.but this year march it suddenly stopped.but im not getting pregnant.3 months i have no period. After that i meet my doctor,she recommended to do the pcos test.(ultrasound).it was normal.i have no pcos.afterthat doctor gave me oral contraceptives pills for irregular periods.i took them 5 months.after 5months I stopped talking them.because of the weight gain.now again i have no periods for 3 month.what should i do??
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yaz cam help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

You can go for Yaz: a combination birth control pill containing Drospirenone - ethinyl estradiol, a progestin (drospirenone) and estrogen (ethinyl estradiol). This does not have the side effect of weight gain and should help.

Also get your hormonal levels checked.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for delayed menstruation 12 hours later
why stopped my period again after taking birth control pills

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is a pattern to be followed

Detailed Answer:
When you take hormonal pills (birth control pills) your regular periods get replaced by withdrawal bleeding which occurs in 5-7 days of stopping the pills (there is a period of 7 days iron pills in 28 days pills, or the pills are to be taken for 21 days and discontinued for 7 days before starting again).

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for delayed menstruation 23 minutes later
i finished one 28 day pill card before stopping taking them.my final tablet is a white pill.not the red iron pill. so doctor how can i solve this problem?

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wrong order

Detailed Answer:
The final 7 pills should be the red ones. Possibly you are taking them in the wrong order. That is responsible for the mess up.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for delayed menstruation 33 minutes later
can i start them again for re correct this problem

Brief Answer:
You can start again in the proper manner.

Detailed Answer:
Not getting the periods while on pills is not an issue. You can start again in the proper manner.