• question-icon

Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Doctor i am suffering from inhibited ejaculation since last 2 months. i have a hard erection which can last up to 60 minutes but i cant ejaculate at the peak. i am not taking any medication. i am attracted to my wife but still cant ejaculate during intercourse while i can easily ejaculate during masturbation. Please give your valuable opinion.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Proper arousal is important. Technique comes next. Steadiness will reward.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. What you mention involves stress. You need to relax. Proper technique is very important in such a case. Firstly you need to indulge in prolonged foreplay so that you can gradually build upon the excitement and arousal. Proper psychological involvement in important in such a case. Let me tell you that you need to be rational and have realistic expectations from your partner. I assume that your partner is not a 'professional' and so you should not expect the same output from her as you see in the items that you use for self stimulation and masturbation. Psychological invovlement is very important. You also need to learn to go at a steady pace and go steady whenever you feel that you are nearing climax. With gradual practice you would be able to perform much better and I am certain ejaculation would not be a problem.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Do you think that i require any performance enhancing drug although erection is not a problem?.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medicines would not help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. No there is nothing called a performance enhancing drug. There are drugs to help you achieve erection, there are drugs to numb your senses (so that you can perform longer as you feel nothing) but there is nothing to 'enhance performance'. So, drugs would not help
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha