Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation

Posted on Tue, 7 Oct 2014 in Infertility Problem
Question: I am having delayed ejaculation and cannot ejaculate during intercourse. Got married recently and want baby urgently. So I normally masturbate and put my organ inside vagina before ejaculation for having fertilisation. Tried many times but pregnancy has not taken place. Suggest some measures. I love my wife very much and want some early solution. I have been masturbating for last 20 years. My age is 33 years.
Answered by Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Psychological

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing..
I understand your concern..

Delayed ejaculation in your case is purely psychological.. Do you smoke, use alcohol or any drug abuse? Are you on any medications? Do you have any diseaese? If so, first all these habits should be stopped..

A proper counselling of both the partners by a sex therapist will help.. There are certain things you can try..
1.Complete relaxation and avoid anxiety of delayed ejaculation. Anxiety can be relieved by performing yoga and breathing exercise.
2.Never force yourself to ejaculate, always focus on the pleasure..
3. Initially have enough of foreplay like kissing and rubbing the genital to an extent that intercourse is inevitable..
4.Since you can masturbate and ejaculate inside her, let her stimulate the penis and ejaculate near the vaginal orifice. Next time at the time of ejaculation let her insert the penis completely and deeply into the vagina. Third time stimulation and ejaculation should occur within the vagina. This exercise should be slowly performed over 2 weeks. Never hurry.. Complete co operation from the partner is necessary..

In order to attain pregnancy, ideal time to have intercourse is during the fertile period. In a 28 day cycle, it is from day 8-18, maximum fertility around day 14. Watching kamasutra together will give a good knowledge..

If you dont attain pregnancy in a year, both need to be evaluated. If the ejaculation problem still persists, intrauterine insemination helps to achieve pregnancy..

Hope I have answered your queries. Feel free to ask any doubts.. Good day..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 28 hours later
Hi.thanks for your answer. Just wanted to know whether my current practice of inserting just before ejaculation can lead to pregnancy or not? How does this intra uterine insemination takes place?
Answered by Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing..

Your current practice will help to get pregnant. It should be deeply inserted into the vagina during ejaculation. Ideal period is 8-18 day in a 28 day cycle. In and around 14th day is the maximum fertility..

Intrauterine insemination is injecting washed and centrifuged semen into the uterine cavity in and around the time of ovulation. For this your wife has to undergo follicular study and when follicle size reaches around 20mm, inj hcg is given and after 36 hrs semen is injected into the uterine cavity.

Hope I have answered your queries. If no doubts, please close the conversation and rate my answer. Good day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan

OBGYN