Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Question: I am a male aged 21. I have only had sex 3 times but for each of those times, I did not ejaculate. Also, my erections during sex last for a long time—typically I only stop because I get tired, not because I ejaculate. My first time lasted for over an hour, and the girl just got tired.

I have tried to ejaculate by myself but this does not happen. However, when I sleep I get wet dreams like once every week or once every 2 weeks and I find slimy stuff ( I guess semen) on my bed sheets.

I consider myself normal, since I have all the secondary sex characteristics in males and am also very strongly attracted to women. Also, my testosterone levels are in the normal range—but the percentage of my free testosterone is a little higher than average.

Why do you think this is the case? I am worried primarily because some of my friends tell me they ejaculate everyday, which I find almost unbelievable.

Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Delayed Ejacuation

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Delayed ejaculation is an uncommon condition compared to premature ejaculation. Some of the causes of delayed ejaculation are hygonadism ( which is ruled out as your testosterone is normal). It is said that thyroid disorders also cause delayed ejaculation.
But the most common cause for delayed ejaculation is loss of nerve sensations over the tip of your penis and also because of certain masturbation techniques.

Here are my suggestions on how to go about this

1. Meet a urologist to see for local causes like loss of sensation over the glans penis. This could have caused by trauma to the nerves.
2. Rule out systemic issues like thyroid disorders, diabetes, vit d levels
3. Certain medications like anti depressants and anti psychotic agents can cause this issue. If you are on it then please go to your psychiatrist for an alternative.

If all the over are normal then you need to approach a sex therapist for suggestions on how to reach an orgasm faster.

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries then please get back to me

Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Why do you think, then I can sustain erections for an unusually long period of time?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the reply

Like I have mentioned in my previous post. The most probable reasons for your sustained erections are

1. Nerve injury
2. Thyroid dysfunction
3. Diabetes (unlikely since you are young)

Please get your investigations like I have recommended earlier. Please do not ignore this matter any further