Suggest treatment for deformity in the elbow post injury and an unusually swollen foot

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi
My dad has had 2 issues. There are no doctors open since its xmas and boxing day. He is 60 years old.
The first one is his elbow looks almost broken, he had a fall off his ladder last week. It looks almost dislocated but said it wasnt painful. Have attached photos.

The second one is his foot is in excrutiating pain. Not in the morning more afternoon and night when he has walked on it. He cant walk and it feels like stabbing and burning. Panadene , nurofen and valium all do not help. We have iced also. I have attached a photo in which the pain is on his left foot. Please help !
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DETAIL BELOW.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and attached photos,in photos there is deformities and swelling which indicate bone injury so o for x-ray of elbow and foot as soon as possible till than e can take RICE,(rest,ice ,compression and elevation.For pain e can take tramadol and paracetamol twice daily.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 minutes later
Is that for both ? The foot has no injury he didnt fall on it- the foot came on suddenly as burning and stinning. What is rice ? Does his Arm look broken ans could his foot be nerve damag ? e
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Foot can be due to tendon inflammation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The foot has a minor swelling and can be due to a mild inflammation of tendons. RICE means- rest, elevation of the foot, cold sponging and compression of foot with an elastic bandage. The arm looks broken and needs X-ray and proper treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Even though there is no pain on his arm it ia broken ? Ok i will tell him thank you
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Movements will be painful.

Detailed Answer:
The movements of the elbow will be painful. A fracture or dislocation is likely.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D