Suggest treatment for decreased appetite and sleeplessness in children with autism
need some details to guide you better
My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:
- Is he taking any treatment option for hydrocephalus?
- is he able to perform normal daily activities?
- does he become irritable all the time?
- have you observed stifness in his neck?
- is he on any medication?
I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
He also loves to eat and his appetite seems to have decreased. We've had scares before. The hydrocephalus was due to head trauma as a baby. Given his past its difficult to distinguish normal growing older signs from what we fear may be hydrocephalus recurring.
Keep close observation
Thank you for getting back with the answers. I have gone through them. At this moment I would suggest you to wait and observe. If his symptoms reduce then well and good. In case they persist then i would suggest you to visit hospital and discuss with a neurologist for CT brain to check current status of ventricles.
Signs of raised Intracranial Pressure include:
- sunken eyes
- altered state of consciousness
- increased head circumference
Feel free to get back for if you have any query. If not then don’t forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing him a good health
Better to get it examined then
it would be better in this case to visit hospital and get it examined once. an ultrasound of the swelling will confirm if its due to subcutaneous edema or what. for young ones we take extra precaution so its better to visit hospital once.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sleeplessness and headaches
- Treatment and cure for autism disorder
- Suggest treatment for sleeplessness inspite of using zyprexa and seroquel
- Tenex treatment for autism
- Stem cell treatment for autism
- Suggest treatment for sleeplessness without effecting my pregnancy
- Ayurvedic treatment for autism in children
- Treatment and cure for Autism spectrum
- Treatment and cure for borderline autism
- Vitamin d and autism treatment