Suggest treatment for de-tanning and dry skin

Question
hi doc,
I went to paris one month back, I ate preserved food like MTR ready to eat food almost everyday. and also weather there was hot. I got my skin tanned. it got very dry also and my cheeks got more tanned and pink as shown in attached pics.can u please suggest me the ointment or medicine to cure my face skin.
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Skin hydration & topical steroid

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your concern in the HCM.

From the above mentioned information, I think you have got acute exacerbation of seborrheic dermatitis from sunburn and dehydration.

My recommendations are-
1. Plenty of oral fluid (3-4 lit/day)
2. Avoid spices, junk foods and carbonated drinks.
3. 100 gm of fresh fruit, especially citrus fruit should be consumed everyday.
4. You can apply Cetaphil lotion topically and Cetaphil soap also.
5. Mometasone Furoate (0.1%)+ Fusidic acid (2%) combination (marketed as Bactirest M) may be applied (amount of a pinch) locally in the affected area for 1 week after testing for any hypersensitivity reaction in the back.
6. Avoid excessive sun-exposure.
7. After 7 days you can apply any moisturizing lotion and sun-protection cream while going out.

Hope you are satisfied with my answer. If you think I have satisfactorily resolved your query, please close the thread and rate my answer.

In case you have any new query in future, you can directly ask me questions @ http://www.HealthcareMagic.com/doctors/dr-kaushik-sarkar/68460. I will try my level best to help you.
Dr. Kaushik