question-icon

Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis

Posted on Wed, 3 Sep 2014
Question: Hello, is there a way I can lighten my glans penis? also my foreskin is a little uneven and longer on the right side, where it seems to be just a bunch of extra skin and my foreskin is generally loose. Is there a way to tighten it?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (54 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Was the glans color normal in the past?

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear friend.

Thanks for your query and direct approach.
It looks you have some misconception / wrong information.

There is no way that anyone can lighten the glans penis unless it was lighter and got darkened due to some disease like balanoposthitis.
Was the color of the glans normal in the past ?

Is the foreskin uneven since you remember or developed over a few months or years. If this is since you remember this too is normal variation and nothing to worry about it.
Loose foreskin is the best thing you have as it allows to clean the area properly and helps to have a proper sex. Tightening it by surgery is possible but then it may interfere with cleaning and sex.
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant (2 hours later)
Well the foreskin seems to be okay i suppose and it's been that way since i can remember.

As for the glans. It seems to have become rougher and also darker. I want to get it back to it's pink colour.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (6 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Any problem with glans in past.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
Did you have any problem with the glans in past?
Like itching, scaliness, ulceration, or you had applied anything to it. The color change can have a reason.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon