Suggest treatment for dark spots on glans
I need further details.
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern. To help you better I need a few note details as dark spots on glans can be because of several reasons.
Please answer the following:
1. Since when you have thr dark spots?
2. How did they start?
3. Any infection you had?
4. Are they fading or same in appearance since you have got them.
5. Attach a clear photograph of your glans.
Revert with the asked details for a better help.
Thank you for your response. here are my answers :
1. since my adolescent days
2. i do not know how they started
3. no infection that I know of
4. never faded, same or worse
5. took picture but do not know how to attach it.
what is "Upload New Reports" button on this page for?
what do I ensure that I do not lose contact with you?
Mail the pictures to out customer care.
Hello. There is an option of attach report. Still if you can't find that mail the photographs to out customer care mentioning "For Dr Anshul Varshney".
They will upload the photograph and I'll review them.
The spots look much worse and darker and uglier.
Seems to post infective scars.
Hello, I have seen the attached photograph. The spots seems to either scars following any infection of glans, that might or might not be noticed by you or can be due due to Fixed Drug Eruptions, if have occurred following intake of any drug. I would advice in such scenario to apply a cream combination of Fusidic Acid and Hydrocortisone. It is available as OTC with name Fusidin-H. You should however, use the combination only for a maximum of 2 weeks and write back to me with the results you achieve.
I would advice you to share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.
Since they have become scars, what is the risk of making the situation worse because the tissue in this area is ultra sensitive?
I chose this discreet way of consulting physicians to avoid embarassment due to the disgusting look of the problem. Would you refer me to a dermatologist or an appropriate specialist?
See a dermatologist.
See, if you have not taken any medicine in recent past, so it is unlikely to be Fixed drug eruption. But, yes, it can be a scar caused by some infection. As far as further deterioration is concerned, then it might remain like this, or even fade in near future depending on the etiology.
I would advice you to see a dermatologist. You don't need to be shy for the purpose.We doctors are used to see such internal organs issues. So, don't feel embarrassed and see your doctor.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Glans irritation
- Extremely sensitive glans treatment
- Sensitive glans treatment
- Suggest treatment for extra skin covering the glans penis
- Dry glans treatment
- Hypersensitive glans treatment
- Treatment for skin abrasion on glans
- Treatment for vitiligo on glans
- Sensitive glans treatment exercisedoc
- Treatment for bruised glans