Suggest treatment for dark discoloration at the injection site and nipple soreness

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Accident and Emergency
Question: URGENT HELP. Please see image of my intramuscular injection site that i did yesterday. Its black and i m feeling pain in left nipple and left arm discomfort. I m worried. Help. Male. Thanks. The substance was androcur depot in castor oil. See the scar on my thigh.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,do not worry it is some internal bleeding which is common in this injection ,do cold sponging take antibiotics and some pain killer,you will be alright.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks but wat to about the left nipple pain. Take aspirin?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,you can.

Detailed Answer:

Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes you can take aspirine or paracetamole for nipple pain.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 hours later
Thanks and in future how should i take androcur depot as now i m scared of doing injection.
Brief Answer:
Do a cold compress after the shot.

Detailed Answer:
Next time when you have an injection avoid rubbing the area after an injection. Do keep the area under pressure with your fingers and do a cold compress in the area to avoid any internal bleeding.
Regards.