Suggest treatment for dark brown mark of 1cm on cheek

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have removed wart but now dark brown mark of 1 cm dia is visible on my cheek. Please suggest how to remove.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly tell the time since wart removal and send pictures.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum. I can understand your concern for the dark brown mark on your cheek after the removal of the wart.

It is quite usual to find dark brown mark after wart removal as a part of healing process or after the failing of the scab as post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation. Both of these are temporary process and can be treated with simple measures.

For your best help I request you to kindly elaborate since how long you have had your wart removal done. It would be best if you can send few good resolution pictures of the affected dark brown area so that I can guide you best. For that you have a feature to upload pictures on the right side of the page.

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,

Dr. Sanjay Kanodia
MD- Dermatology
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 5 hours later
Wart was taken out 2 weeks ago
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The area is under healing. Mupirocin can be applied.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back and thanks for your swift follow up with picture.

After analyzing the picture and correlating with the time period I can make out that the area is still under healing. You can make out that the central point is still bit raised. In such kind of cases it is always recommended to have complete healing.

I prefer application of Mupirocin or fucidin cream for two times at this stage. I further suggest you to meet your treating doctor.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD-DERMATOLOGY
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist