Suggest treatment for dark black lesions under breasts

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i have a large black spot under my left breast and a small black spot under my right breast their both inch please help thank you for your ans. XXXXXXX by way i am 81 years
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seborrheic keratosis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You are worried about dark black lesions under your breasts. These lesions also itch. More than likely these lesions are seborrheic keratosis. If they look like someone pasted these lesions on your skin and have brown with black coloration then they would be keratosis. These are very common skin lesions and are not at all cancerous. We all get them as we age. We do not usually remove these lesions.

If the lesions start from a mole and are black to blue and appear under the skin then they should be seen by your medical provider. This would be more worrisome and need evaluation. You may need biopsy if they look suspicious for cancer

I hope this answers your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions