• question-icon

Suggest treatment for dandruff

Posted on Sat, 5 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: How to treat Dandruff? Post Dandruff what shampoo to be used?
How TO TREAT Dry Hair? How to make it silky & smooth? What diet should be taken on everyday basis?For proper growth of Hair what should be included ?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Advice regarding dandruff and hair.

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

You may use Scalpe Shampoo or Trigaine AD shampoo for dandruff. This shampoo consists of 2% ketoconazole and ZPTO. Trigaine AD also contains salicylic acid 2% in addition. Lather it well on to wet scalp and allow it to act for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with water. Use it daily or every alternate days.
Once your dandruff is under control either you may use the same antidandruff shampoo, though less often, for maintenance of improvement Or you may switch to a normal shampoo e.g Triclenz Shampoo.
For dry hair I would suggest a conditioner e.g Triflow conditioner. Use it every time after shampoo. After shampoo apply sufficient quantity of conditioner on to entire length of wet hair and allow it to act for 3-5 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
Hair is all protein i.e keratin. For healthy hair you must take a wholesome diet rich in proteins as well as adequate in all essential nutrients like carbohydrates, fat, vitamins, minerals etc
In addition to healthy diet you may also take an Oral Biotin supplement e.g Tab. Revilus once daily or Tab. H Vit forte once daily.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist