Suggest treatment for dandruff and white patches on scalp
I am having problem with the dandruff from last few years and hence I am losing lot of hair. It forms a white patch on my scalp and when you try to scrap it out then it becomes red n even the hair comes out from the root.
What can be the cure for this type of fungal infection. I have used all kinds of shampoo n it really doesn't help any more. I need some permanent solution.
Antidandruff shampoo and a topical steroid lotion
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I have gone through your query and I have noted down your concern
I suggest you to use an antidandruff shampoo e.g Sebamed's antidandruff shampoo, every alternate days. Lather it well onto scalp and allow it to act for 4-5 minutes before rinsing it off.
At night I suggest you to use a topical steroid lotion e.g mometasone furoate 0.1% lotion at scalp skin. Allow it to act over night. Seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff is a steroid responsive condition and you would notice rapid improvement in your dandruff once you start this.
Dandruff is an important cause of hair shedding therefore controlling dandruff effectively would also reduce hair shedding.
Topical steroid lotions are prescription drugs
Mometsone furoate 0.1% is a prescription drug and is available as various brand names e.g momate lotion, elocon lotion.
It is not available otc. You must use it under supervision of a dermatologist in your vicinity.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hair fall dandruff dry scalp treatment
- Suggest treatment for dandruff in my eyebrows
- Suggest treatment for hair loss and dandruff
- Suggest treatment for recurrent dandruff
- Dandruff in scalp grey hair treatment
- Suggest treatment for hair fall and dandruff
- Suggest treatment for pimples caused by dandruff
- Treatment for crusty scalp patches
- Treatment for white patches on face due to dandruff
- Suggest treatment for hairfall due to dandruff