Suggest treatment for dandruff and thinning of hair after relocating

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi,
I am suffering from dandruff and thinking hair from the time i moved to XXXXXXX and I consulted Doctors and tried various thing's still i am facing the same problem..please help I am Just 22.

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Start with ketoconazole shampoo and tablet

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to healthcaremagic
For dandruff I recommend my patients to use a shampoo containing ketoconazole every alternate day to begin with and then tapering it slowly as improvement is noticed. Along with this I prescribe a lotion containing beclomethasone and clotrimazole to be applied twice daily on the affected flaky scalp and tablet ketoconazole 200 mg once daily for 2 weeks. The shampoo has to be used for a long time as dandruff is a chronic disease and will relapse if treatment is stopped early. Besides this avoid oiling of your scalp.
For thinning of hair start with tablet keraglo men once daily along with folifast hair tincture. The tincture can be started after 2 weeks once your dandruff gets controlled. 8-10 drops are applied daily at night on the scalp. This treatment has to be continued for 3-4 months.
I hope to have answered your query.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 10 hours later
Hi again,
Thanks for your response,As you mentioned above about keraglo men tablet. I need to take this tablet for how many days ?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Atleast 3 months

Detailed Answer:
Hi! You need to take keraglo men for atleast 3 months.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj