Suggest treatment for cysts in ovaries and heavy clotted menstruation

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: My wife is 43, and has been told she has cysts on her ovaries. But every 2 to 3 weeks, she has a very heavy period with huge blood clots. I can't get her to go to the Dr, but I am worried. She's also having a good bit of pain with these periods.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She needs detailed evaluation

Detailed Answer:

I have read you query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Ovarian cyst with heavy bleeding needs to be evaluated further if this is cancer.

2) She needs to undergo an ultrasound scan to check if there is fibroid or polyp in her womb which is causing such bleeding.

3) I suggest you take her to a doctor soon to identify problem so that it can be solved at the earliest.

I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.

Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

Dr. Soumya

Follow up: Dr. Soumya 5 minutes later
I am going to try taking her to the ER since the last time she went to a on/gyn was 12 years ago. She was diagnosed with cysts on her ovaries a year and a half ago. Is there anything I can do to help until I can get her to the Emergency Room??
Answered by Dr. Soumya 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dont worry

Detailed Answer:

There is nothing that needs to be done till she goes to ER.

This is not immediately life threatening condition. Dont get worried or panic. SHe will be fine till you reach ER.

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN