Suggest treatment for cystitis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 30 Jun 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have cystitis, On RX ZYTIGA. Allergic to Penicillin-like - and CIpro -derivatives, resistant to Sulfa and
Furadantin. Suggeast safe antibiotic?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get urine culture done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted that you have Cystitis .

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.