Suggest treatment for cystitis glandularis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 2 Dec 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: i have had cystitis glandularis for almost 20 years now ( i am male aged 58). Symptoms morph in different ways but back pain and anal / scrotum itching are the worst. I have seen 8 urologists and been told no known cause and no known cure. latest urologist has prescribed Cipralex for 28 days to see if this will reduce anxiety and in turn reduce bladder pain? any suggestions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cystitis Grandularis is notorious disease to treat

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you are poor victim of a notorious disease Cystitis Grandularis.

This is a disease where no cause of the disease is known but universally accepted to be due to chronic irritation of bladder mucosa .

The drug Cipralex is an anti anxiety and antidepressant drug .and may help yo allay your anxiety but it has its own side effects for long term use.

The last extreme and aggressive treatment option to be be free from miserable pain is to consider removal of Bladder ( Radical Cystectomy) with replacement of bladder with Ileal Conduit or Indiana pouch.(Neo Bladder)

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to write if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards .
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 57 minutes later
Could you suggest any alternative approach or medicine that i could try?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do urine culture .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
You have to do urine culture at frequent intervals and take the appropriate antibiotics with pain killers.
Thanks and Regards
Dr.Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T