Suggest treatment for cyst on liver

Question
Respected Sir/Madam,
This query is for my mother. Her age and weight both are 59. She has High B.P problem since last 15 years. Currently she is on "omlesar" tablet.
Recently during routine health check up , Ultrasonogram of whole abdomen was done. Thereafter she reported to a General surgeon regarding a cyst on the liver. The surgeon suggested to get it removed through syringe while performing CT scan. He opined that only with CT scan , the size and shape of the cyst will be better known. During this process , a pathologist teamed with radiologist would attempt to suck out the cyst and send it for FNAC. Kindly advice regarding the above suggestion and suggest further course of action.
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get CT/USG guided FNAC

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
I have reviewed the ultrasound report and i totally agree with your doctor. But i won't advise removal of the cyst without performing CT or Ultrasound Guided FNAC.
See, we need to see that this cyst is benign or malignant. If this is malignant we need to see that liver is the primary site or it has spread from somewhere else.
Simply go ahead with a CT/Ultrasound Guided FNAC, the report would clear most of the things and further course of action would be based on that.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cyst on liver 21 minutes later
Sir, Thanks for your answer. I have some more doubts.

What does slight enlargement of liver suggest ?

What does "parenchymal echo texture is minimally course" suggest ?

What does "intrahepatic biliary radicles are not dilated suggest" ?

What does the size 9.45cm * 8.45cm * 7.67cm and vol 326 suggest ? Is it too big ?

We have got an appointment on coming saturday to get CT with FNAC done. I guess it has taken quite some time to develop such a big cyst.

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.

1. Slight enlargement of liver can be due to the effect on liver caused by the SOL.

2. Minimally coarse echotexture of liver points towards Chronic Liver Disease.

3. Yes, size is big.

There is also a possibility of Liver Abscess, Hydatid Cyst.
Once FNAC is taken, fluid would also be send for examination.
Also, get her Liver Function Tests, Hepatitis B and C.

If you have any further query please ask me.