Suggest treatment for cyst in the left ovary

Posted on Mon, 12 Jun 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: In addition .. . Kinda of simple but weird question almost everytime i eat i immediately get hiccups making it very hard to finish my meal

Other health info for previously submitted question. . . i have had a hysterectomy and BSO 5+ yrs ago
During the removal of my ovaries there was a cyst on my left ovary larger than my uterus - it has left the vaginal/rectal wall VERY week and i have developed hemmaroids and having a BM is like having a child most times - i have to push manually from inside my vagina to prevent the further weakening or break-thru of that thin wall

I am a left AKA due to being hit by drunk driver
I do not have Diabetes Type 1 or 2
I do have anti-bodies of hashimotos thyroiditis
As well as CFS and Chronic Mono

In addition to other symptoms listed earlier i have had frequent headaches and my arms go to sleep unless i sleep on my back - i have had my menicus removed from only knee i have left and am none on bone now but struggling thru with yearly cortizone shots and they say that my right shoulder has a torn rotater cuff but again waiting for it to unbearable before i have anymore surgeries. I have "arthritis" in my neck, shoulder, knee, and back --- lord might as well shoot me now

Answered by Dr. Sunil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your answer is as follows-

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.

Nerve damage or irritation are one of the most common cause of hiccups. The most common cause of long-term hiccups is damage to or irritation of the vagus nerves or phrenic nerves, which serve the diaphragm muscle.As soon as you ate something your abdomen gets distended hence pressing against diaphragm.This increases the pressure on phrenic nerves and irritates them causing hiccups.

Some of the suggestion are-
Hold your breath.
Put a pinch of sugar under your tongue.
Ask someone to scare you.
Gargle with ice water.
Pull out your tongue (this supposedly stimulates the “vagus nerve" and stops spasms of the diaphragm).
Breathe into a paper bag.

They are usually very effective in treating hiccups.

Certain foods and beverages can trigger hiccups. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), hot or spicy foods, such as hot peppers, miso and curry and hot or spicy liquids are particularly known to cause hiccups.So try to avoid them.Try ruling out any particular food which increases your problem and avoid it.

Medications suggested-
Chlorpromazine is the most thoroughly studied medication and appears to be the drug of choice in many reports. Regimens in the range of 25-50 mg intravenously (IV) or intramuscularly (IM) are effective in 80% of cases. To prevent or minimize hypotension caused by this agent, preloading the patient with 500-1000 mL of IV fluid is advised.

Haloperidol, is effective in doses of 2-5 mg.

Metoclopramide has been used successfully in a dosage of 10 mg every 8 hours.There are evidences of the usefulness of metoclopramide against intractable hiccups. 34 patients received either 10 mg of metoclopramide or placebo three times per day for 15 days. The efficacy of metoclopramide with regard to cessation or improvement of hiccups was greater in the metoclopramide group than in the placebo group, no serious adverse effects were noted.
Discuss them with your gastroenterolgist.

In case you need information and treatment strategies for hemorrhoid please write a follow up.I would be more then happy to help you.
Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Sunil

Gastroenterologist