Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for cyclic vomiting syndrome

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1595 Questions
My 30 year old son has cyclical vomiting syndrome. Right now he is vomiting consistently for the past five hours, constantly showering and his reglan medication finished today. I don't know what to do. Please help!
Also, he is very hungry but is unable to keep down even water.
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dramamine or ER

Detailed Answer:
First check his BP, Pulse and temperature. If they are deteriorating, please take him to ER.
If he is not able to sip liquids then it is important to give IV fluids to stop sinking.
If he is doing ok and can wait till morning you can give him an over the counter anti vomiting medicine available at any pharmacy without prescription, its called Dramamine. Alternatively you can give Antivert as well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor