Suggest treatment for cut on glossopalatine arch

General Surgeon
Question
i have a cut on my glossopalatine arch it seems, it is kind of surrounded by white and opening my mouth is very sore. I can't see a doctor because I am in a foreign country. What can I do to keep it from getting (possibly more) infected?
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
looks like aphthous ulcer

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

As per the photo, it looks like two aphthous ulcers to me.

I would sugget that you take some multivitamin capsules and antiseptic mouth wash. I guess getting that much won't be a problem in any country.

Do mouth wash 3-4 times a day, specially after meals. And take multivitamin twice a day.

Hope I have been helpful.

Get well soon.

Dr.Deepika Patil

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cut on glossopalatine arch 1 hour later
What about the inflammation? I have also become dizzy and am running a mild fever.

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
needs to consult doctor

Detailed Answer:

As you have developed mild fever that suggest you have developed infection. Dizziness may be because of pain. I would start antibiotics like amoxicillin and clavulinic acid combination along with painkiller. But these are prescription drugs so you need to consult a doctor. Continue mouth gargle and multivitamin.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help .

Dr.Deepika Patil

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cut on glossopalatine arch 7 hours later
Do you think I'll be okay without an antibiotic until I get back to the U.S. on Sunday?

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
depends upon the fever

Detailed Answer:

If your fever remains of mild degree only, then you can manage with antibiotic mouth wash. But if it goes up, then you will have to take antibiotics.

It could be viral fever and might resolve by Sunday. But that is not sure.
So for now continue with mouth wash and hope for the best.

Best regards,
Dr.Deepika Patil