Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggest treatment for cure dental cavity

Question
I am 41 years,with a tiny cavity inbetween my upper wisdom tooth and the adjacent tooth.It pains when i chew something hard like chicken or something otherwise not much of a problem.
Can the cavity be filled ,(inbetween two teeth) or do i have to get the wisdom tooth removed.
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment modalities advised.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.
Thanks for sharing your concern.

After going through the history posted here I can suggest you following two treatment modalities.you can choose based upon your convenience.

1.If the cavity appears very small radio graphically and the wisdom teeth is fully erupted in your mouth,then it is better to go for filling or restoration.

2.But, In case your dentist says, that the cavity is inaccessible and it might cause problem later,then in that case please go for extraction of wisdom tooth and restoration of adjacent tooth.This will permanently solve the problem,in case of small cavities.

Hope it helps.
Please let me know for further doubts.
Thanks.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cure dental cavity 17 minutes later
Can you have the question redirected to Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX TS please.First i got a message he is going to answer the query.I would like to get his opinion please.

Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.
Thanks for your reply.

If you want any particular doctor to answer your query then you have to put a query by name.However if due to certain reason that doctor is unable to answer your question then you can wait for three consecutive days and then the question is opened to every other dentist.So please try.Wish you good luck and good health.
Thanks.

[Note from HealthCareMagic CRM Team: Query recreated and directed to Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX TS. As soon as he answers, XXXXXXX will receive an email.