Suggest treatment for cramps and bleeding after periods

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: Hello, i had my period about 1-2 weeks ago but ive suddenly had cramps and bright red bleeding, its not spotting and its not heavy its just mild, but its been 4 days?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be hormonal disturbance.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The mid cycle mild bleeding for last 4 days suggests that there is some hormonal dis balance. It can happen due to frequent intake of emergency contraceptive pills or irregular intake of birth control pills. If this has happened for the first tine then there is no need to worry. You can wait for a few days for it to stop spontaneously.
In case the bleeding is recurrent then the cause needs to be detected after proper investigations.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal