Suggest treatment for cramps and back ache after taking Noriday

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I am taking Noriday for 3 months now. First two months my period was on time and regular. Currently 5 days late (still on the tablet), bad cramping and back ache. Is this normal?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
FOLLOW THE ADVICE.

Detailed Answer:

1) At first, you should undergo one home pregnancy test (if you are sexually active) to rule out pregnancy.

2) On NEGATIVE test, it may be due to side effect of the pill. Other possibility is Premenstrual Symptom which indicates you will get your period shortly.

3) TREATMENT: I suggest you take painkiller (like Aceclofenac) with Antacid (Ranitidine) to reduce backache and cramp. Muscle relaxant gel and hot water bag are also useful in such condition.

4) If pain persists continuously in spite of taking above medication, I suggest to contact with local doctor or healthcare provider for clinical examination and you may require one abdominal ultrasound scan to rule out underlying pathology (if any).

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326