Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for cough,cold,fever and body ache in winters?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
I have cough and cold and body temperature is at about 100 degree. I feel the body is aching throughout as well. The symptoms are there since yesterday morning. I took two tablets of paracetamol yesterday but there isn't much improvement today. I am 30 year old male and weigh about 70 kgs. Request you to advise appropriate medication.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Viral infection Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. You have cough, cold, fever and body ache in the winter month and all this generally goes in favour of viral infections. Viral infections present with fever and do take 2-4 days to settle down. The most you can do is take pain killers, antipyretics, plenty of fluids and rest. You have tried paracetamol yesterday, but you will have to take it daily. If it doesnt help you then you may take other options like Ibuprofen also. If the fever doesnt subside in 3 days times then you may get a complete blood count done to identify if there is any bacterial infection. There is no sense in starting antibiotic at this stage. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor