Suggest treatment for cough, nasal congestion and sneezing
I am 30 years male and facing problem with cough, sneezing, nose blocking from long time,i consulted doctor in clinic and they said its due to allergy, i taken medicine also for 3-4 months, but still i am not cure and having problem till now.
Could you please advise on this.
The ideal treatment is discussed below. Add details of your treatment.
Thank you for your query.
1. The ideal treatment for allergic rhinitis includes avoiding the allergens, anti-histamines (such as cetirizine/fexofenadine), anti-leukotrienes (such as montelukast), steroid nasal sprays and regular steam inhalation.
2. Saline (alkaline) nasal washes (isotonic and hypertonic) such as Saltnase/ Netiwash will be very helpful.
3. Your doctor should also differentiate between allergic and non-allergic rhinitis.
4. Since you have not responded well to medication, a plain Sinus CT Scan and a nasal endoscopy should be done.
5. It is also possible to test for allergy and attempt desensitization for long term relief.
6. Upload the exact medications taken, Sinus CT images and nasal endoscopy images for further discussion on treatment options.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for intense nasal congestion
- No energy coughing nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for nasal congestion due to sinus
- Nasal congestion sneezing cough tired
- Suggest treatment for severe nasal congestion
- Treatment and cure for Nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for earache with nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for cough and nasal congestion
- Nasal congestion and sneezing infant